Tuesday, January 8, 2013

Tug at My Heart String

Okay, I'll admit I haven't been blogging much, but there are so many things going on right now. But I don't want ignore my blog so I though I would re-visit my favorite Valentine from last year. I made this one using Rock Princess and I thought it was adorable. Plus this is kind of how I feel right now. Broken heart-ed that someone would take advantage of my mentally disabled brother. People can shatter your faith sometimes.




The background paper is from Making Memories Love Notes line. I chalked the edges of the paper with both pink and brown chalk. I started with pink and wasn't too happy with the results, but I liked toe pink and  brown combo.


 The hear is cut at 3" and I  added rivets to it with my Crop-a-dile. One of my favorite tools, by the way. That thing can punch through almost any paper, love it! I used The Twinery's Pink Sorbet Twine to lace it up.

But I ran into a problem, the twine didn't show up well on the paper. So I added this piece of black cardstock to the back of the heart..

I used pop dots to adhere it so that the card would have some depth since I made it so simple.You can sort of see in this picture, although it's a little blurry.


I might have to revamp this idea a little for this year's cards. Happy Crafting!

No comments:

Post a Comment