Sunday, November 9, 2014

Happy Turkey Day Banner










It's Thanksgiving time. It seems like all of the stores have skipped straight to Christmas, but I'm still decorating for Thanksgiving. I used the Cricut Tie the Knot cartridge to cut the flags at 8". The pattern paper is from Pinecone Press. It's double sided Halloween paper.



The 1/2 rosettes are made from strips of paper 2" wide and approximately 9" long. I used Scotch Quick Dry adhesive to glue a strip of cardstock to the ends to hold them open. Then I printed the words "happy" and "day" out from my computer on orange card stock and trimmed them to size. I used Glue Dots to attach the fans to the paper and the back of the words. Then I used some pop-dots (4 layers worth) to attach the words to the flag. I had to use that many to make it even height with the rosettes so that it didn't look lopsided.



This cute little gobbler is from the Cricut Create a Critter. I tied the whole thing together with thin ribbon from Michaels. Soon it will be time to gobble till you wobble! Happy Turkey Day.


1 comment: