So while I was sick I wasn't supposed to do anything strenuous, like work on the house, or dig trenches in the back yard, or even drive too much. But no one said anything about crafting.
My friends are always asking me to make boy cards, which is not as easy as you would think (at least not for me). So I made this one. The Birthday Boy is from Storybook, one of my favorite cartridges because I just love the font. It's cut at 2 1/2", and the scalloped square and white inset are from Winter Woodlands, cut at 3 3/4". The patterned paper is from DCWV "the Stack" #5. I think this one is a bit old, and the black and white paper from my graduation card came from this stack too. The solid cardstock is from Bazzil and the ribbon is from Michaels, and just a small bit of bling to dot the "i". That rhinestone is yellow, it just looks brown in the lighting.
And here's a little paper saver tip for you. I cut the scalloped square out of my base brown layer of card stock.
Since I used a white card base and layered several papers on top I knew that no one would be able to tell. So I cut my base layers to fit the size of the card and stuck them to onto my mat. Then I positioned my blade in about the center of the paper, at least 1/2" from the top or bottom. This saved me at least one sheet of paper because I made a couple of this card.
This trick is easier to do if you have a Gypsy, but mine was not charged! So I just eyeballed it and it worked out fine. You can use your Gypsy to set one cut inside of another an be certain that they won't touch. Hope this little tip helps you save some $$!