Tuesday, August 16, 2011

Tipsy Tuesday With Sweet Stamping Treats


Today I am going to share a tip with you about my Copic Markes. Many people tell me that they don't know what to do with the Copic blender pen. This is one of the ways to use.

Last week I did a project for the Sweet Stamping Treats Challenge.


Inside I colored this stamp


To achieve the light red on this image I used this Copic Marker.

It's a dark red. I had to use it because I don't own any lighter colors of red markers.  If I had colored on the image with this marker it would have come out very dark and not match the red on the paper I used for the project. So I used my Copic Blender pen to apply the color instead. I started by coloring on my clear acrylic stamping bloc like this:
This gave me a pallet to pick up my color from. I don't recommend trying to pick up color from marker to mark with the blender because it only seems to transfer the blender solution to the color marker.I used the blender to pick up the color off of the stamping block onto the tip of the marker.


Then I used my Copic blender to color in the parts of the pinwheel that I wanted to be red. I colored a little space at a time, going back and picking up color from the pallet and applying it to the image until I go the consistency and color I wanted.


 The trick was to color a very small area in strokes. Trying to color in a circle made it splotchy, and coloring too long made the color separate because it applied too much blender solution. I think it came out very well and the color matches the paper perfectly.


This is one of the many uses for the Copic blender pen. I hope this tip helps you with your coloring!

Happy Crafting!

5 comments:

  1. Thanks for the tip! I have so much to learn:-)

    ReplyDelete
  2. I gave you an award, please go to:
    carla-writes.blogspot.com
    Carla

    ReplyDelete
  3. Great tips! I really need to get going with this...I am not enjoying the whole coloring in. But, I think I just need to practice!! Your box is beautiful!
    Sherrie K
    http://sherriescraps.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  4. I am not a coloring enthusiast and love the tips on coloring.Such a beautiful creation
    Cheers
    Sonia
    http://cardsandschoolprojects.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete