Monday, November 28, 2011

A Holly Jolly Holday Card

It's Christmas Time! And I love Christmas Carols, so  the theme of this Christmas Card is Holly Jolly Christmas.




This one is sort of simple and elegant. I used Joys of the Season for the holly leaves, and Storybook for the tag on the bottom. The sentiment is from Recollections, and the tag has black brads from American crafts. The flocked paper is from 7 Gypsy's, and the striped paper is from DCWV. The pearl button is a brad that I picked up a few years ago in the Michael's clearance rack, and I have no idea who makes it.It is very heavy though, and I had to affix it with the hot glue gun. Guessing it will take extra postage to mail due to the weight.

I decided to enter this one into a few challenges (why not, I hardly ever enter challenges):

1. Little Scrap Pieces - Winter Holiday

2. 2 Sisters Challenge - Holiday

3. Crafty Sprouts - Tag it

2. Fantabulous Cricut Challenge - Holiday Cards

Wish me luck! Happy Crafting.

10 comments:

  1. Very pretty. You did a great job tying the ribbon
    I have three giveaways going on over at my blog you might like to check them out.
    DIANA L.
    http://dianamlarson.blogspot.com/

    ReplyDelete
  2. Such a elegant card, the pearl is perfect for that bow. Thanks for joining us for Challenge me Monday at FCCB. - Melanie

    ReplyDelete
  3. Thank you so much for joining my challenge beautifully designed card love that black ribbon and the pearl sets it off perfectly. You should enter challenges your work is wonderful.

    ReplyDelete
  4. This is so pretty! I love how you used buttons for the holly berries- too cute! Stop by my blog- you won some candy!!

    JulieK
    http://jk-littlebitofbling.blogspot.com/

    ReplyDelete
  5. OOOO, I likey!!! Great papers. Love the holly.

    Be Blessed, Beckie

    ReplyDelete
  6. This is so pretty! The button berries make for such a nice touch - and the sentiment is perfect with your holly cut!

    Thanks so much for playing along with us at Fantabulous Cricut!

    Kate
    Small Bits of Paper
    smallbitsofpaper @ hotmail.com [remove spaces]

    ReplyDelete
  7. So very pretty! I like the paper you chose and the pretty holly/buttons. What a beautiful Christmas card:)
    Sherrie K
    http://sherriescraps.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  8. This is so pretty! Great job! Thank you so much for playing with us this week at Crafty Sprouts. Good luck
    Hugs,
    Raven

    ReplyDelete
  9. Your card is so pretty! I love the hollies you used and the colors are perfect! Good luck from Crafty Sprouts!

    Many blessings,
    Zeni
    www.scrappyzeni.com

    ReplyDelete