Sunday, March 20, 2011

Happy Birthday Banner Card


Lately it seems that everyone is asking me for birthday cards. I thought that I would make a birthday themed card for the Fantabulous Cricut Challenge # 51 Hip to be Square card, and the M.A.G Challenge #18 Celebrations Cart. But you could use any cartridge with a triangle on it to make this card.

I used quilters thread to connect the flags on the banner because it's really strong (and I already own quilters thread, and because I don't have the twine that is so popular right now). I used my Crop-a-dile to put the eyelets in the corners that I ran the thread through. And they are gold so I used yellow and gold on this card. The stars are from Stickopotamous, and were left over from my mother-in-law (using up my extras! Or at least trying.) The Happy Birthday stamp is from Hero Arts. I got it on super-extra clearance because a store was going out of business. The card looked a little plain to me so I added the orange ribbon to it. Hope you like it.

Happy Crafting.

7 comments:

  1. I like the colors on the banner. Thanks for playing at FCCB.

    http://iwycd.blogspot.com/

    ReplyDelete
  2. Very cute and colorful! Thanks so much for playing along this week at FCCB! :o)

    Lisa N
    prettypaperprettyribbons.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  3. Oh, the banner is just so cute. Thanks for sharing with us at FCCB.
    Hugs,

    ReplyDelete
  4. I love this card!! Very colorful!! Did you use Celebrations for this? If you did, you might want to hop over to M.A.G. Challenge by the Page to see if it's eligible for their challenge too (today is the last day of the challenge) :)

    I've enjoyed checking out your projects, and I wanted to say THANKS so much for becoming a FABULOUS FOLLOWER at www.lovetocrop.com!! I really appreciate you posting my Giveaway Blinkie Button!! :)

    Your newest follower,
    Amy :) at www.lovetocrop.com

    ReplyDelete
  5. Very cheery! Great job, thanks for playing MAG Challenge!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Love it. Thanks for playing along with us this week at MAG

    ReplyDelete
  7. Your card is very nice love the colors, thanks so much for joining MAG Challenge!

    ReplyDelete