Monday, July 11, 2011

Surprise Party Layout

I finally got around to scrapping some of the million pictures I have stored in a box. These are from my hubby's 30th birthday (I will be nice and not say how long ago that was). We had been dating a little over a year and I decided to throw him a surprise party on his actual birthday. He worked that day and I picked him up from work and suggested that we head to Dave and Busters for dinner. The look on his face when he walked in and saw all of his family and friends sitting there was priceless! I only wish one of them had taken a picture of that.


I cut the banner flags from Tie the Knot, and the letters from Plantin Schoolbook. I used patterned paper from Pine Cone Press and solid colored Bazzill Cardstock.

It's hard to see in this picture ( I need more practice at taking pictures, or maybe a professional studio) but there is a yellow ribbon that I glued the banner flags to.


I added these balloons because my friend Shannon bought all the balloons you see in the pictures (way more than I expected, but she did a good job). She made the mistake of tying them to the chairs and every time someone moved a chair the balloons would get sucked up into the ceiling fan. It was so funny, and she kept yelling at people for doing it.


I added a few more ribbons to accent the photos. That giant cake in the lower left photo was a custom made Snickers cake because my husband used to eat a Snickers almost every day. We have since stopped that practices as both of our metabolisms have slowed down with age. In the picture above that one, Jimmy's friend is giving him a fully punched rental card for Spanky's, an "adult" video store. He was embarrassed because he parents were at the table. 

I know this would look so much better if I had better light! The colors are really great on this paper though and I love the way it turned out.

I also put this in the You Had Me at Craft link up party,



And the Craft Junkie Too link up party. Join the fun.
Craft Junkie Too Friend



Happy Crafting.

2 comments:

  1. great layouts... Poppin in from Craft Junkie Too Linky Party.....

    ReplyDelete