Saturday, July 16, 2011

Red, White and Blue

It's been a heck of a week here in Sunny SoCal. The weather is gloomy in the mornings and lovely hot in the afternoons. And as my luck would have it, my hubby's transmission went out. Between replacing the transmission (on a Honda, can you believe it?) and paying for the rental car we spent some serious $$$. Which means no new craft supplies for me! I am very sad about that, but happy that nothing serious happened to my husband as he was on the freeway when the transmission decided to die.
Anyway, lets get to the crafty stuff! Patches of Pink is having a Red, White, and Blue Challenge. This is actually a design team entry to replace some team members who had to leave, but I'm not really counting on getting a spot. This card is more about how I'm feeling really. I wanted to inspire myself.

 The patterned paper is from Best Creations, and the other side is glittered and kite themed. It's really cute. All of these cuts are from Walk in My Garden, which is an oldie but goodie Cricut cartridge. I feel like I've been neglecting my Cricut lately because I've been doing so many stamped cards. I'm not sure if you can tell but I pop-dotted the middle flower and the flower pot to give the card some dimension.

I printed the saying from my computer with a font called. LD Greenleaf, which I though was appropriate. I love the little caterpillar, and I was happy that it cut so well at .77 size. I used on of my copic multi-liners to add the details to him. I like that pen because the ink doesn't really spread and look messy.  I though that "Bloom where you are planted" was really appropriate, because I have to make the best of my situation, which really isn't that bad. I've got plenty of old craft supplies to play with!

Patches of Pink

Happy Crafting.

4 comments:

  1. Lovely card! The colors really compliment each other.

    Sheila
    Http//2pawprints.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  2. Beautiful card. WOW! I just love the font you used, it is great. That little caterpillar is adorable.
    TFS!
    Cindy Lou

    ReplyDelete
  3. Soooo cute!!! LOVE that little caterpillar! Thanks for joining us at Patches of Pink!

    housesbuiltofcards@gmail.com
    www.housesbuiltofcards.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  4. This is too adorable! Hope everything gets better soon. So glad you could join us at Patches of Pink!

    ReplyDelete